26 March 2010

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls, it's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Patron: I need to know what name to put on my library card application.
Clerk: Well, you would put the name on your id down.
Patron: It's complicated. I know I look like a woman...
Clerk: Oh, I see.
Patron: But, I've been going through a process of changing from a man to a woman. My ID says that my name is Raymond, but I like to go by Veronica.
Clerk: Oh.
Patron: Because I'm not Raymond anymore. After the first of the year, I will be a woman. I still have my 'stuff' down there [this is where my ears perked up, because, WHY ARE YOU SHARING THIS WITH A TOTAL STRANGER?], but it will be removed. *Giggle*
Me: [seeing the Clerk throwing the 'help me look' while I was still somewhere in the area of a stranger telling me his junk would be removed] We have to put your legal name in there, but we can add a note that you prefer to be called Veronica. Once you change your name legally, then we'll be happy to fix that for you.
Patron: Oh, sweetie, you are just a gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment